- 400g butternut squash, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 150g light ready rolled shortcrust pastry
- 100g Stilton, crumbled
- 2 tbsp cranberry sauce
- 3 eggs
- 200ml light double cream
- 50ml milk
- few sprigs thyme, chopped, to serve
- green salad, to serve (optional)
- Heat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C. Line a roasting tin with nonstick baking paper. Toss the squash with the oil, put on the tray and roast for 20 mins.
- Meanwhile, cut the pastry into a circle slightly larger than a 20cm flan case (not loose-based). Lay in the case and prick all over with a fork. Lay a sheet of nonstick baking paper on the pastry. Top with baking beans and bake for 15 mins. Remove paper and beans then bake for a further 5 mins.
- Top the pastry with the squash, Stilton and cranberry sauce. Mix the eggs, cream and milk and pour over. Bake for 25 mins, or until golden. Remove from the tin, slice and scatter with thyme. Serve with a green salad, if you like.
Categories: Paganism and Witchcraft
Sorry, comments are closed for this item.